One the eve of the 2014 Ryder Cup, Dapper Chapper Tipster looks at some compelling reasons why you should be backing Team Europe in Gleaneagles:
- Many of the US team are out of form. Zach Johnson only achieved two top 10 finishes in the last nine months but still qualified automatically for Tom Watson’s final 12.
- Bubba Watson has never won a singles or foursomes match in Ryder Cup play!
- Phil Mickelson, who’s best performance in the Ryder Cup was on debut back in….1995, has only record one top 10 finish all year.
- Incredibly, Lee Westwood has lifted the Ryder Cup trophy six times. That’s more than all the players on the US team combined!
Best price odds:
Europe – 3/4 with Betfair
USA – 7/4 with Bet365
Tie – 12 with Unibet
- Ian Poulter has won 80% of his Ryder Cup matches and all four of the singles he’s played in the competition. BetVictor show best price of 8/1 on Poulter being top European points scorer and 12/1 on him being top overall Ryder Cup scorer.
- Stephen Gallacher has a fantastic record at Gleneagles, having placed in the top 15 on each of his last five visits. The Ryder Cup rookie is 13/2 with Matchbook.com to be top debutant.