Before you write off the Chargers for the Superbowl did you know that the team that has opened the season away to the Eagles have gone on to win the Super Bowl for the last 4 years, this year the Chargers opened against the Eagles. The Chargers are best priced at 22/1 with Bet365 to win the Super Bowl.
& what about Andrew Luck? The Colts QB has led more 4th quarter winning drives than any other QB in their 1st & 2nd year. Luck is at a whopping 40/1 to be named the Super Bowl’s MVP!
But if you’ve already got your eye on something, here’s some extra guidance…
Saints v Seahawks
- The Seahawks have been dominant at home and have won five straight playoff games in Seattle over the years
- They have won five of the last seven meetings with the Saints in recent times.
- When these two teams met in Seattle in Week 13, the results were disastrous for New Orleans. Seattle dominated the game in every area to win 34-7.
- The Seahawks are on offer at 10/37 for the win with bet365
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of New Orleans’ last eight games as well as in each of Seattle’s last five games. The game to go under 46.5 points is on offer at 10/11 with BetVictor
Indianapolis Colts v New England Paitriots
- The Colts produced the second largest comeback in play-off history last weekend as they came from 38-10 down to beat Kansas 45-44. They go into this weekend’s game as 5/2 underdogs and it is New England who are 1/3 odds on favourites with William Hill for a match-up that is being billed as a battle between quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Tom Brady.
- The Pats are 8-0 at home but it will be a concern that they have lost three of their last six play-off games at the Gillette Stadium.
- The Pats have won their last two home games against Colts in the playoffs and the last three between the two
- New England’s offense struggled in the early stages of the season averaging just 19 points per game through the first five games of the year, but eventually came alive and averaged 31.7 points per game over the last 11 games.
- Over the last three meetings between these two teams, the Patriots have won the last three
- The Paitriots are best priced at 1/3 with William Hill
- The Colts are available at 29/10 with Betway.
San Francisco 49ers v Carolina Panthers
- Historically, Carolina has dominated this head-to-head series 8 of the last 10 against San Francisco since 1999.
- Yet there are plenty of trends favoring the 49ers here as they have been dominant on the roadhaving won 9 of their last 10 on the road
- Since losing its home opener to Seattle 12-7, Carolina have won their last seven games.
- The 49ers’ win over Green Bay last week brought the team their seventh win in a row
- The two teams met this year in San Francisco and Carolina edged out a 10-9 win as a 6-point underdog. The total went UNDER in that game and has gone UNDER in six of San Francisco’s last nine games and eight of Carolina’s last nine. The game to go UNDER 46.5 points this weekend is on offer at 10/11 with BetVictor.
- San Francisco are on offer at 20/23 with BetVictor for the win.
- Carolina are best priced at 11/10 with Sky Bet.
San Diego Chargers v Denver Broncos
- The Chargers produced a huge shock to beat Denver on their own patch earlier this season and they are in the midst of a quite stunning run of form. San Diego have won their last five in a row, including a 27-10 Wildcard win against Cincinnati last time out, and quarterback Philip Rivers has been in great touch during that time, throwing 10 touchdowns.
- Favourites Denver, who are have won 7 of their last 8 at home, will be keen to avoid a repeat of last year’s shock 38-35 defeat to Baltimore in the Divisional play-off round
- The past four seasons, the team that played in Philadelphia’s home opener inexplicably went on to win the Super Bowl. The Chargers are looking to repeat Baltimore’s path to last year’s championship by pulling off consecutive road upsets, but San Diego faces yet another big favourite in the AFC Divisional round Sunday.
- Since October 15 of 2012, the Denver Broncos have won 24 of their last 28 games, making them one of the NFL’s most consistent and dominant teams.
- They have won their last 5 gamers including last week’s outright upset on the road against Cincinnati
- Both meetings between these two teams went UNDER this year despite the total going OVER in 11 of Denver’s other 14 games.
- The game to go Under 46.5 points this weekend is best priced at 10/11
- San Diego are best priced at 18/5 for the win
- The Denver Broncos are on offer at 1/4 with BetVictor.